Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Winter Escape

We escaped from our winter reality and headed south to Kauai for a couple weeks. This was our second trip to Kauai. We got married there five years ago. We went to the big Island when Noah was two. It was our first vacation with a kid, and it was so much more work than we were use to. This vacation we had both my mother in law and my parents there, making our trip much more relaxing and enjoyable. Everyday was sunny and gorgeous with temperatures in the seventies and eighties. Our idea of vacation is to relax, cook and eat lots of local fruit, fish and veggies, watch the kids play and soak up as much sun as possible. We spent almost every morning on the beach. Stocked up on lots of local veggies and fruit at the Farmer's market. We grilled fish almost nightly, Ahi, Mahi Mahi, Opah and Ono.

It was a true escape from reality, not only the cold, but a break from the computer as well as local, national and world news. Ah... The only bummer of the vacation is my camera was stolen out of our condo, while we were there! So I'm missing both my old camera and all the pictures I took the first ten days.

The increase in daylight is noticeable here. The sun should be hitting our property soon. It will be time to start seeds soon. All the animals are well. Our first does begin kidding in early March. We've come back rested, refreshed and re-energized.  I'm inspired and excited for spring. Enjoy the pictures!









3 comments:

Sheila said...

Oh that looks so fun! I'm living vicariously through you right now.

Michaele said...

Oh how great that must have been! I am trying hard to imagine the warmth of the sun. We have wind chills today so cold it takes your breath away. I have spent time in Hilo and loved it!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Dear Emily What a great trip. The kids look like they are having a ball. It is nice to get away from everything and I am thinking warm now myself.
Thanks for sharing B