Monday, November 30, 2015

More fall vacation pictures

 Avery standing in front of my grandparents house with Contention Cove in the background.

 Grampa giving a geology lesson to the kids on the two types of rocks found in the area; Ellsworth schist and granite.


 Noah and his Paw Paw, lowering a crab trap into the water.


 Dustin teaching the kids and his niece and nephew how to eat blue crab that we caught earlier in the day.







All in all, a pretty great mini escape from winter.

Two posts ago I wrote about my love for Maine. And while I can almost and maybe even really picture myself there, truly I am an Alaskan girl at heart and have yet to be content anywhere else. So, just to set the record straight, we are very content to be living in Fairbanks and have no plans to move. If we ever were to move out of Alaska, it would have to be a northern state where there is still cold and snow, but lots of sun. Maine feels like it is just about as far away as can be, but I do love the combination of a northern climate mixed with sea air, old buildings, family history and the ability to grow and buy more locally produced foods.

No comments: